- Thursday, June 7, 2018 The competition begins at 12:01 am. No weigh in on this day.
- Friday, June 8, 2018 5 pm - 8 pm scales open 8 pm
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 3 pm - 8 pm scales open 5 pm children’s activities begin 8:30 pm live music by Jamie Bergeron & the Kickin' Cajuns
- Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:30 am - 1:30 pm scales open 1:45 pm live auction & awards ceremony
Fishing contest fraud is a crime in the state of Louisiana (RS 14:214).
1. Fishing waters include all Louisiana inshore and offshore waters and the Gulf of Mexico.
2. The competition begins at 12:01 a.m. Thursday, June 1, 2017 and ends when scales close at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 4, 2017.
3. Contestants must act in accordance with state and federal regulations along with rodeo rules and must possess all appropriate Louisiana State fishing licenses.
4. Fish may only be taken by rod and reel for the Fishing for Memories Rodeo.
5. All fish are subject to autopsy. No frozen or decomposed fish will be accepted. Any attempt to defraud or cheat in the Rodeo, in any way, will automatically disqualify the offender and all his/her fish as well as subject the person/s to potential imprisonment and fines (RS 14:214).
6. In the event of a categorical tie, the first fish entered wins. Decisions by the WEIGH MASTER are final!
7. Fish shall be weighed in the presence of the Weigh Master. The contestant’s rodeo ticket must be presented for the fish to be weighed. For purposes of determining total length, measurement of fish shall be from the outer extremity of the tip of the snout, with the fish’s mouth closed, to the extreme tip of the tail fin when squeezed in a way to obtain the maximum overall length.
8. All fish weighed will have a mark made on its tail and remain the property of the contestant.
9. No Billfish or Sharks are allowed in the Fishing for Memories Rodeo.
10. Kayak Division: Use of a boat or motorized watercraft to transport your kayak on the water is prohibited. All craft must be self-propelled, no trolling motors.
11. The Youth Division is for children 13 years old and under. Out of fairness to all participants, children are expected to hook and reel fish on their own. Youth can compete in both adult or youth categories with an adult-division ticket.
12. Upon entering the Fishing for Memories Rodeo you are at your own risk. Abbeville Harbor and Terminal, Fishing for Memories, or the Alzheimer’s Association will not be held liable for any damages to yourself or your property.
13. Pictures taken at the rodeo may be used to promote future Fishing For Memories events.
14. Everyone on the boat must possess a rodeo ticket, except children under 5. However, children under 5 wishing to enter a fish must have a ticket.